The Coalition wishes to congratulate all of the members of the Class of 2023 in North Carolina’s public charter schools. Well done, graduates!
Students at Coalition member schools accomplished a great deal this year–and they are headed on to do amazing things. Here are just a few snapshots of their successes:
- The 38 graduating seniors at Pinnacle Classical Academy this year were offered over $7.2 million in merit and athletic scholarships. That amounts to $190,000 per student!
- At Bradford Preparatory School this year, three high school seniors earned recognition as 2023 National Merit Finalists.
- The 155 graduating seniors from Lincoln Charter School were awarded over $12 million in scholarships and grants–and students logged more than 16,000 service hours.
- A senior from Gray Stone Day School advanced to become a national semifinalist in the International Geography Bee.
- At Triangle Math & Science Academy, a senior won a Belk Scholarship to attend UNC Charlotte’s Business School.
What else happened this year?
- Union Academy‘s Women’s Golf Team garnered first place recognition as a NCHSAA Scholar Athlete Team.
- A student from TMSA Triangle was chosen to participate in the North Carolina High School Athletic Association’s Student Advisory Council for the coming year.
- A Lincoln Charter School student won first place in the Robinson Lineberger Literary Competition (poetry).
Surely, there are many other student success stories to celebrate at charter schools across North Carolina. We congratulate all of our charter schools on the 2022-23 school year–and extend our best wishes to all of the state’s newest charter school graduates!