Advocacy and action that help YOUR school!
The charter movement notched big wins at the legislature this year. Understand how new policy changes benefit YOUR school—and what you can do to keep up the momentum.
Join other charter school board members, heads of school, and senior administrators for the Coalition’s 2024 Charter Advocacy Summit! Our 2023 event was a resounding success, with 87 charter schools participating in our kick-off evening reception or Summit. In all, 200 charter operators, stakeholders, industry leaders, and lawmakers attended the reception, while 160 attended the Summit. We expect another very strong turnout in 2024!
Our 2024 event, held at the Raleigh Marriott Crabtree Valley Hotel, will launch with a wine and appetizer reception on Thursday evening, March 7, followed by the day-long Summit on Friday, March 8. State Superintendent Catherine Truitt is a confirmed speaker and honoree at the evening reception.
“What does the Summit mean for ME?”
- Learn what to expect from the new Charter Schools Review Board, with information about charter renewals, approvals, rules, and more.
- Understand recent policy changes impacting your local funding, construction permitting, and county funds for facilities.
- Hear the legislative outlook for the state’s charter movement, an analysis of 2024 election primary results, and a review of court cases affecting charter schools.
Coalition Member Schools
- Register early and receive a discount! Cost to attend before February 15, 2024: $100.
- Cost to attend after February 15, 2024: $125.
*Multiple attendee discount: For every two leaders who register from each member school, a third leader may attend for free.
- Register early and receive a discount! Cost to attend before February 15, 2024: $150.
- Cost to attend after February 15, 2024: $175
*Membership incentive: Charter schools that join the Coalition before February 1, 2024, will receive the member discount on Advocacy Summit registration.
Questions? Please contact Lindalyn Kakadelis at 704.231.9767 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Praise for the 2023 Charter Advocacy Summit:
“Best charter gathering I have ever attended!”
-Dave Machado, Former Director, Office of Charter Schools, and North Carolina State Superintendent, Charter Schools USA
“Thank you for organizing such a worthwhile, informative, and helpful Summit!”
-Jeff Ziegler, Dean of Academics, Pinnacle Classical Academy
“Thank you so much for hosting such a great Charter Advocacy Summit. We absolutely loved it! We learned so much, and I am so proud to be part of a group fighting for our parents’ and students’ right for school choice.”
-Robin Helms, Director of Operations, Revolution Academy