Misconceptions about public charter schools abound. As a recent national poll discovered, even some public school teachers are unaware of some basic facts about charter schools. (Read more about that on the Coalition blog.) Fact: Charter schools are public schools. They’re free for students to attend, and they’re open to all. The National Alliance for Public Charter Schools is tackling common misconceptions head-on (as is the Coalition!). We have some great resources to share.
- Here’s one: Listen to a podcast with David Griffith, the associate director of research at the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation.
- Here’s another: View a sidebar comparison of the differences between district and public charter schools.
- Explore the Coalition’s new online resource: An About Charter Schools web kit.
- Watch our video introduction to charter schools from State Superintendent Catherine Truitt below.
- Finally, use the Alliance’s new interactive map to find a public charter school near you.