Eight charter schools earned a spot on a list of the top 25 public high schools in North Carolina. That’s according to new 2022 rankings from U.S. News & World Report. The media outlet released its 2022 rankings earlier this week, evaluating nearly 18,000 public high schools nationwide.
According to U.S. News, rankings are based on these six factors:
- College readiness
- Reading and math proficiency
- Reading and math performance
- Underserved student performance
- Breadth of college curriculum
- Graduation rates
Learn more about U.S. News & World Report’s methodology.
In North Carolina, charter schools shine
Nearly one-third of North Carolina’s top 25 public high schools are charter schools. Four are Coalition member schools. U.S. News evaluated 534 public high schools to compile the state’s list.
Here are the charter schools on the list of the top 25 N.C. public high schools. Coalition member schools are in bold.
- Raleigh Charter High School (#3)
- Woods Charter (#4)
- Gray Stone Day School (#9)
- Research Triangle High School (#12)
- Thomas Jefferson Classical Academy (#14)
- Pine Lake Preparatory (#16)
- Lake Norman Charter (#22)
- Community School of Davidson (#23)
Congratulations to these schools for earning this impressive recognition!